Monday 11 March 2019

Purpose

What is the point of all this?
Why do I have to leave my present home for my ex-home - the place that has now been branded as a hell in my head? I'm not emotionally ready to go back and be confronted with the truth every single waking day of my life. To be reminded time and time again that my role in the family has taken a backseat, I am but a house guest. That my role in my friendships has changed. I am the outsider, the alien who doesn't understand everything that everyone is talking about. By people who won't understand how living abroad for 3 years changes you. They expect you to still be the same. But how can one be the same in an ever-changing world?
Why did I sign up for 10 years of hell? 10 years of slavery. I agreed to give away 4 years of my life to live away from home. In merely 3 years it has already led me to grow apart from everyone I used to know. It denied me the opportunity to stay with family when they needed me most. To miss numerous 21st birthdays, a funeral, and soon, to miss a wedding. What do I get in return for these 4 years? An iron-clad agreement to work in a place that will undoubtedly trigger all the sadness I currently carry, being surrounded by dying people for 6 years.
What was I thinking? Why did 19 year old me decide to do this? Oh right...."job stability".
Will I live to regret this?

No comments:

Post a Comment