Wednesday 16 August 2017

My first lie

I was 5. My parents had decided to leave the house, probably to go on a date or something(which on hindsight, was a cute thing to do). My mum was in the toilet, washing up. She said she was going out with dad and I asked if I could go. My mum said, "Go and ask your dad." So I ran out to the living room and asked him. I don't think I caught what he said. But I ran back to my mum anyway, and asked her again. She asked me if dad said yes. I said yes. Then they talked, and I got in trouble because I "lied". Maybe I knew my dad's answer, but I can't recall the state of my mind at that point of time anymore. They brought me out anyway.
That was it. My first lie. The first sign that I had developed presupposition. And with that, a small part of my innocence left me.

No comments:

Post a Comment