Friday 29 April 2016

On writing

So before I flew overseas to commence my studies, I remember a couple of friends asking me to write a blog so that I could keep them updated on what went on in my life.

"Why bother?" I thought. I felt that it was unnecessary to do so as I could simply tell them what went on in my life via text, Skype, FaceTime etc.

I am writing this not because my next words are, "I was wrong, you guys can tell me "I told you so!"." I'm writing this anecdote because I wish to say to all my friends who were just mentioned, I didn't write this blog for you guys to get updates on my life.

I started this blog with the intention of having a space for me to present my thoughts. Thoughts that I do wish to be heard, but I don't plan to say out loud to people's faces all the time (especially those whom I don't know very well) as I don't wish to be rude.

This isn't going to be a travel blog, but more of a journal that will collect open letters that I write, to anyone who wishes to read it. So if you're interested in knowing my goes on in my mind, welcome. And if you're not interested, you can move along. I won't get offended. Just don't get offended if I'm not interested in your thought life. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment